An easy one pan dinner, Chicken Pomodoro is ready in 20 minutes. Saute chicken filets and smother in a light vodka & cream sauce with fresh cherry tomatoes.
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 8 thin chicken cutlets (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cream ~ at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons chives (minced)
- Place flour in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- When the oil begins to shimmer, sauté the chicken breasts in 2 or 3 batches for about 2 minutes per side. The chicken should be just cooked through and golden brown. Remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Remove the sauté pan from the heat and the vodka. Return the sauté pan to the burner over medium heat and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, cream, lemon juice, and tomatoes. Bring to a low boil and then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the tomatoes just begin to soften.
- Add the butter to the pan and stir.
- Return chicken to pan and ladle sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with the chives.
- Generously season the flour with kosher salt and pepper.
- Make sure the pan is heated before adding the chicken. This will help the chicken achieve a lovely golden brown.
- Before adding the vodka, remove the pan from the flame so there are no flare ups.
- To avoid curdling the cream, make sure it is at room temperature before adding slowly to the sauce.
- Use the same pan to make the pomodoro sauce as the chicken was sauteed adds an extra layer of flavor to the sauce.
- Finish the sauce with a pat of butter to add a velvety smoothness.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: entree
- Method: saute on stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 2 pieces of chicken w/sauce and tomatoes
- Calories: 455
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 752 mg
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 46 g
- Cholesterol: 161 mg
Keywords: easy chicken dinner, pomodoro, pomodoro sauce, chicken pomodoro