- 1 medium onion (finely diced, about 1 cup)
- 2 pounds for ground beef (85/15 blend)
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs mixed with 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 slices of American cheese
- 24 dill pickle chips
- 24 small slider rolls or mini potato buns (sliced open)
- Ketchup and mustard for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the finely chopped onions evenly over the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently but thoroughly combine the ground beef, bread crumb/milk mixture, beaten eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Press the meat mixture evenly over the onions in the baking dish.
- Bake sliders for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and blot the top of the sliders with paper towels. This will soak up some of the grease.
- Top the sliders with the American cheese. Return the sliders to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese is just melted.
- Remove the sliders from the oven and cut in to 24 squares.
- Serve each slider on a bun with a pickle along with ketchup and mustard.
- The patty may “crack” while it is baking. Press it back together before topping it with the slices of American cheese. The melted cheese will hold it together.
- The sliders can be made in advance. Prep, cook and assemble the sliders and let completely cool. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Reheat covered in a 375 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reheat 2 sliders at a time in the microwave on 70% power at 30 second intervals until heated through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: appetizer or entree
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slider
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 361 mg
- Fat: 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 11.6 g
- Cholesterol: 43 mg
Keywords: cheeseburger sliders, cheeseburger sliders recipe, sliders recipe, dinner ideas