A speedy and delicious version of pulled pork sandwiches using pork tenderloins and a homemade barbecue sauce.
- for the pork –
- 2 ½ to 3 pounds of pork tenderloin
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Barbecue seasoning
- for the barbecue sauce –
- 2 cups ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- for the cole slaw –
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- a few shakes of hot sauce
- 8 cups of thinly shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 16 slider rolls
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rub the tenderloins with olive oil and generously sprinkle with the barbecue seasoning. Place the tenderloins on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until the internal temperature is about 145 degrees. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make the barbecue sauce, heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the ingredients for the barbecue sauce. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking for about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the saucepan on the stove top.
- To make the cole slaw, in a large bowl, whisk the oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Add the cabbage and carrots and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Turn the heat to low under the saucepan with the barbecue sauce.
- Thinly slice the tenderloin.
- For each of the pork slicers, place some of the pork tenderloin on the bottom half of a roll. Drizzle with some of the barbecue sauce. Top with the cole slaw and the top half of the roll.
- Take the pork tenderloin out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before roasting it. It will cook more evenly if the pork is close to room temperature.
- Line the baking sheet with foil for quick clean up.
- With the many high quality spice rubs available, I season the pork tenderloins with a premade barbecue seasoning mix.
- Make sure the oven preheats for at least 15 minutes.
- Pork tenderloins can be uneven in thickness. If your pork tenderloin has one end that is thin, tuck it under so it is the same thickness as the rest of the tenderloin.
- Before slicing the tenderloins, let the pork rest for about 10 to 15 minutes after removing it from the oven. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the pork.
- Be sure to thinly slice the tenderloins with a sharp knife. The thin pieces for pork tenderloin make for the most delicious sliders.
- Make quick work of shredding the cabbage by using a food processor.
- Category: appetizer or entree
- Method: oven and stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slider
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 695 mg
- Fat: 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 62 mg
Keywords: pulled pork, pork sliders. barbecue pork sandwiches