This 30 Minute Summer Vegetable and Bean Chili recipe is delicious! Loaded with bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, corn and two kinds of beans, this chili gets a spicy kick from jalapenos. Top with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and cool sour cream for a quick and nutritious lunch or dinner.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, about 2 cups chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 ears of corn, removed from the cob or 1 1/2 cups frozen
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) fire roasted dice tomatoes
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounce) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onions, hot sauce, and chopped cilantro for serving
- In a large stock pot over medium high heat, add the olive oil, onion, garlic, jalapeno, and red and yellow peppers. Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften and the onions are translucent.
- Add the yellow squash, zucchini, and corn and sauté for an additional 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, fire roasted diced tomatoes and 1 teaspoon koshersalt. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the both types of beans and chopped cilantro. Heat through.
- Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, hot sauce, chopped onions, and additional chopped cilantro.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 6.6 g
- Sodium: 158 mg
- Fat: 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 30. 9 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 8.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegetable chili, recipe for vegetable chili, vegetarian chili, vegan chili